PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS IN LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
Recovering from a serious personal injury can be one of life's most difficult challenges. The recovery process can be both physically and emotionally challenging, not to mention the financial burden it can place on both you and your family. If your injuries prevent you from being able to work, you can quickly find yourself in financial ruin.
We represent the following areas of personal injury:
When your injuries are the result of the negligent actions of someone else, you shouldn't have to bear the responsibility of recovering on your own. Our team of personal injury attorneys at Richardson & Associates Legal Group, PLLC have been working with accident victims in Louisville, Kentucky and the surrounding areas to help them pursue fair compensation for their injuries. With years of experience battling insurance companies inside and outside of the courtroom, our team is well-equipped to protect your rights and keep you from being bullied by the opposition.
You Can't Afford to Wait
Like many other states, Kentucky has a statute of limitations that specify the amount of time you have to file an injury claim after an accident. Unlike many other states, Kentucky only has a one year window from the date of the accident for you file a claim. If you fail to file your injury claim within this time frame, you will be barred from even bringing your claim before the court. That's why it's important to reach out to an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible so you can begin to put together and case and file a claim.
Kentucky's Comparative Fault Rules
Once you file a personal injury claim in the state of Kentucky, it's important to understand how the courts will handle your case, should you win any compensation. Kentucky follows what is known as a "comparative fault" rule. This rule is applied when the defendant, or injured party, is found to share some level of fault for the accident.
For example, if you were injured in a car accident, and the court determines that you were 10% at fault for the accident because you were speeding, this will impact the compensation you receive in your settlement. Since the other driver was found to be 90% responsible, they will only be required to pay 90% of the damages awarded to you in your case. That means that if you win $100,000 in damages, you will only be eligible to receive $90,000 in compensation to compensate for your level of fault in the accident.
Don't Fight Your Case Alone
At the end of the day, pursuing an injury claim can quickly become complex as insurance companies look to limit the amount of damages they have to payout. They will often try to use the comparative fault rule to confuse individuals and scare them into accepting a lower settlement than they may be entitled to. That's why it's so crucial to work with an experienced personal injury attorney from the very beginning.
Our attorneys have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies, and we won't back down when protecting your rights — even if that means taking your case to court. So if you or someone you know has been injured in an accident, don't wait. Call our team of personal injury professionals today and schedule your own free case consultation.
PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS SERVING LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
If you’ve been injured in an accident due to the negligence of someone else, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries. At Richardson & Associates Legal Group, PLLC, we provide high-quality legal counsel and representation for injured victims across Louisville and the surrounding areas so that our clients can get the compensation they need to recover. Call today for a free case consultation.